Saturday, December 3, 2011

Aine Duffy

Aine Duffy interview Friday December 2nd 2011

Well are days when all goes well, nothing can go wrong life is wonderful and nothing can get you down,  but sadly there are days when your not feeling on top of the world and everything goes wrong its dark, gloomy, boring and your simply fed up. Well there is a cure and its not medical. That cure quite simply is Aine Duffy. Now I dont normally dispense medical advice in this blog, but on this occasion what can I say. I can only talk about this miracle cure from personal experience I had on Friday last, I was tired, it had been a long night, I was having a bad day, things were not going to plan and life looked awful. Then at about ten past one, I was cured. This cure came in the form of the energetic, talented, happy, carefree, wild ball of  fun known as Aine Duffy who arrived at the studio for our interview.


Despite the opening paragraph waxing a little lyrical Aine Duffy is a very serious singer songwriter who treats life as it should, she looks it straight in the eyes and say "give it your best" she is without doubt one of the most upbeat, energetic, lively people I have ever met.  She makes no apologies for who she is, what she sings, or how she sings it.  Its very much "This is me and this is my music, I like what I do and am not afraid to enjoy it." her personality invites you to join her as she tells her tales of life, love, fun, drama and experiences through music. As she sings you can see she is immersed in her music, she lets it wash over her, it take her on a trip that most of us can only ever dream about.  Its happy, its sad, its fun, but most of all, its music as it should be un-apologetic .  Don't get me wrong I love what this lady does, I am in awe of her ability to write good songs, I am amazed at how structured her songs are, even though they have a flow that's not regarded as the normal, verse chorus verse type of song. Tempo changes, rhythm changes, the mood changes in each song that has been crafted over time. This lady is a jewel in the crown of Irish music. For all intense and purpose she is the equivalent of a modern day Seanachi, she tells you a story, but embellishes, not only the lyrics but the sounds you hear, the vocals, her guitar playing all form an integral part of each masterpiece.

And again I find myself waxing lyrical. But I have to be honest here, when I even think of our chat, I still get carried away with the essence that is Aine Duffy Singer Songwriter extraordinaire............
Ok got to try focus here and make this readable and in plain English.

Aine Duffy as a songwriter is unique.
Aine Duffy as a singer has an incredible range.
Aine Duffy as a person is fantastic.
Aine Duffy as a voice for this generation is perfect.
Aine Duffy in concert is a night you should not pass up.

Look, as always I read back to what I wrote before I click on the submit button and to be honest even though it reads like I had magic mushrooms the simple truth is I cant write about Aine in any other way. I am hooked on Aine Duffy and while I do hope the world and its brother will all come to love her music, I don't think there are enough open minded people in the world who will get it.  Music is strange, its why we see X Factor and the like along with record company manufactured bands on top of the charts, but as long as there are songwriters like Aine Duffy around I think the world has a chance and is all the better for it. I will conclude my ramblings now and ask that you listen to the interview and make up your own mind, for me it was made up long ago but chatting to Aine and listening to her sing live only reinforced that. It was, I have to say a great experience meeting Aine in person and I loved every minute of it. Up coming songwriters can all take a leaf out of the book that is Aine Duffy.










http://www.aineduffy.ie

Connect With Áine Duffy On Facebook Join me on Myspace Follow Mt Twitter Updates Subscribe to me on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment